According to a study by the central statistics office Dublin has artificial light emissions close to seven times higher than any other county. This is based on a study of satellite data over a 5 year period.
- Ireland has lower artificial light emissions than other European countries such as the UK, Portugal and the Netherlands
- Irish cities have lower light emissions than international counterparts such as London and Paris
- Dublin county has much higher light emissions than any other county
- Dublin’s Pembroke South Dock and the North Inner City have high light emissions
- South and West Kerry and West Mayo have very low light emissions
Press Statement: https://www.cso.ie/en/csolatestnews/pressreleases/2020pressreleases/ealsi/